- Identify and execute inspection visits to ensure standards of horticulture are maintained, assessing and reporting on Key Performance Indicators for horticultural standards and ensuring operational structures, procedures and practices deliver value for money.
- Implement Horticultural projects in line with the Area Management Plan.
- Establish, negotiate, specify and administer maintenance agreements with contractors to ensure proper maintenance.
- Manage the horticultural maintenance programme and contractual maintenance agreements in accordance with operational control.
- Co-ordinate all projects with other key team members in respect of budgets and staffing issues.
- Maintain accurate records of plans and technical data.
- Implement Health and Safety Policies, promote the safe use of horticultural machinery and vehicles, ensure safe working practices; record accidents, near misses, take appropriate action to effectively manage risk.
- Collate and provide information as required of the Area Health & Safety Action Plan.
- Identify the training and development needs of staff, ensure mechanisms for the delivery of training programmes and interventions, contributes to the formulation of the Area training programme and succession plans.
- Assist Management as appropriate including obtaining quotations for works contracts.
- Ensure that the procurement of machinery and supplies achieves value for money.
- Assist in the drawing up of replacement and new machinery or vehicles in conjunction with corporate objectives.
- Manage and monitor the delegated budget, prepare estimates, submit monthly/quarterly expenditure reports in accordance with corporate objectives to ensure horticultural works programmes.
- Negotiate with Area Works Councils on Pay and Conditions of Service as required.
- A relevant recognised technical qualification in a related field (BTEC/HND or equivalent) or relevant experience working in a managerial position.
- 5+ years of relevant, practical working experience in the Horticultural field.
- Experience of working in different cultures, with an understanding of cultural and political sensitivities.
- Practical experience of project, change and performance management at operational level.
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential; any other language skills considered an advantage.
- Operational experience at Project Management level.
- Thorough knowledge of organisational policies, horticultural standards and practices.
- A clean driving license and the ability to drive safely.
- A knowledge of works standards and practices, is desirable.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel extensively for work purposes.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV, along with any covering letter to email@example.com quoting the above reference number or alternatively call +357 22 002 285 for more information. Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.